Sweet: Our Best Cupcakes, Cookies, Candy and More {a cookbook review} | Sugar for Breakfast: Sweet: Our Best Cupcakes, Cookies, Candy and More {a cookbook review}
Image Map

Monday, September 29, 2014

Sweet: Our Best Cupcakes, Cookies, Candy and More {a cookbook review}


I have a serious sweet tooth and love to try baking new things, so when I saw this cookbook from Food Network full of nothing but delicious desserts...well I knew I was in serious trouble. Or, at least my waist line was in serious trouble. 
And I was correct.
WOW!
This cookbook is full of nothing but wonderful things to bake. The pictures are wonderful and the directions for throwing everything together are clearly laid out. Would you expect anything less from Food Network
There is a fairly big section on cakes that look like other food, which I'm not too crazy about, and I probably won't utilize any of these in the foreseeable future. But, I do bake cakes for people - so perhaps one day I will have someone want a cake that looks like a giant cheese wheel.
The frozen dessert section is one of my favorites! I always want to make frozen desserts to change things up, but never know where to start. Everything is reasonable for the average person to put together. I have made the whoopie pies from this book (which was super excited about tackling because I never had made them yet) and the results were wonderful. 
I can't wait to make more things from this SWEET treat cookbook. Now that I own this book, I need to look into getting more cookbooks from the Food Network. The way they are designed, and the bright, vivid photos make me excited about each recipe (even if I don't even want to try it). Wonderful!

You may purchase this book here.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...