Dorito Taco Salad | Sugar for Breakfast: Dorito Taco Salad
Image Map

Monday, March 19, 2012

Dorito Taco Salad

During the orientation training at one of my old jobs, a lady whom sat next to me whipped this out for her lunch.
It smelled so good.
It looked so good.
I'm pretty sure she saw me drooling over it, so she let me take a nibble...or two or three. 
I then promptly stopped at the grocery store on my way home so I could make it for dinner that night.
Since then over 4 years ago, this is something my husband requests about once a month or so.
Its a great way to use up Doritos before they go stale also :)
I would have never thought to use Western Dressing with the ground beef, but the flavors work so well together and it is definitely a hearty meal.

Dorito Taco Salad
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Servings: 4 salads

1 pound ground beef
1 can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
2/3-1 cup Western Salad Dressing
Shredded lettuce
Shredded cheese
Sour cream
Doritos (we like Cooler Ranch)

Brown the ground beef, add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Add the drained and rinsed kidney beans to the ground beef.
Heat thoroughly. 
Remove from heat
Stir in the Western Dressing. 
More or less depending on your preference.
Scoop out into bowls.
Add the toppings as desired, but don't skip on the Doritos! 
They add the greatest tasting crunch!

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...