Beef Lo Mein | Sugar for Breakfast: Beef Lo Mein
Image Map

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Beef Lo Mein

I always say, "this is my favorite food."
And every time I totally mean it.
I have a favorite fried chicken, baked chicken, beef roast, pasta, etc.
This is no exception!



I had never had "homemade" lo mein until my hub's mama came to visit a little over two years ago and she made us so much delicious Asian food.
I may, or may not have - eaten most of this by myself.
I just couldn't stop myself!
It is seriously one of those Asian noodle recipes that are super easy once you realize what goes in it and get the proper ingredients.
The hardest part is locating good lo mein noodles.
I have tried several kinds since then and these happen to by my personal favorite. They are located in one of the Asian grocery store's refrigerated section. I buy several bags at a time and keep them in the freezer.
Our local Walmart and HyVee both offer prepared lo mein noodles in their Asian sections.


We also use a granulated chicken bouillon that we get at the Asian grocery store also - it is wonderful at adding flavor and tenderizing meat (especially chicken wings). It is a yellow canister, but you can use any you'd like I'm sure :)

My daughter is now getting in on the action and helping chop up green onions!



I always like to eat mine with a healthy squeeze of Sriracha mixed in :)

Beef Lo Mein

by Sugar For Breakfast
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 3/4 pound finely cut beef (roast meat thinly and finely chopped up...think little strips and bits like at the Chinese restaurant)
  • 1 package prepared lo mein noodles
  • 3-4 green onions, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
  • 1/2 cup oyster sauce
  • Oil for skillet
Instructions
Heat the oil in a large skillet.
Add the finely chopped beef.
Toss in the garlic, black pepper, chicken bouillon.
Cook beef until brown.
Stir in the oyster sauce to coat the beef.
Add the chopped green onions.
Toss in the lo mein noodles, using two wooden spoons to mix everything together.
Serve with sriracha sauce.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...