Pumpkin Dump Cake | Sugar for Breakfast: Pumpkin Dump Cake
Image Map

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Fall is my favorite season.
It kicks off a wonderful time for baking.
What is the best thing to bake during Fall?
Well, of course the answer is....PUMPKIN!
My husband recently had back surgery, so I am doing everything around the house, plus taking care of him, and all my daycare kiddos. It is exhausting. It doesn't me a lot of time for experimenting in the kitchen either!
But yesterday my sister and brother were coming for a quick visit to check up on my hubs and see me since I've been a little stressed lately...well I always love to having something baked when guests arrive, especially my siblings, and nothing was sounding good. I needed quick and simple. I was debating on making a dessert in the slow cooker, but really wanted pumpkin. Not enough time for a pie...I had a cake mix on hand...so time for experimenting!
I came up with "dump cake" of sorts. It is like a dump cake because the cake mix isn't combined with anything and dumped over the pumpkin mixture.
I made the pumpkin like you would a pie, dumped on the cake mix, and some butter...45 minutes later my brother said my house smelled like "autumn" and we were eating a delicious treat!



Pumpkin Dump Cake

1-15oz can pumpkin (not pie filling)
1-12oz can evaporated milk (not condensed)
3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1-18oz box white or yellow cake mix
1 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350°

Whisk together pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Pour pumpkin mixture into baking dish.
Spread cake mix over the pumpkin mixture.
Pour melted butter evenly over the cake mix.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is turning golden brown.
Let cool some before serving.
Serve with whipped topping, or ice cream...cinnamon ice cream would be fantastic with this!

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...