Chicken {slow cooker} | Sugar for Breakfast: Chicken {slow cooker}
Image Map

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chicken {slow cooker}

Meat that is tender and falls off the bone is my favorite.
It is just such a comfort food for me. So any meat cooked in the slow cooker always ends up being my favorite and I can never get enough of it.
There are a ton of slow cooker recipes and different versions of making every kind of meat in it.
This one is super simple (as are all slow cooker recipes) and has awesome flavor.
The chicken literally falls off of the  bone when you try to remove it.
And did I mention how great this smells while it is cooking all day long?
One thing that I do not like about chicken cooking in the slow cooker however, is that the skin isn't crisp. I really like it crisp and not mushy. So when making chicken with skin on it, I like to remove it to a baking sheet and pop it under the broiler for a few minutes to get it to crisp up. You won't regret it!


Slow Cooker Chicken

3 pounds chicken, skin on (I like the variety package that includes breasts, thighs, drumsticks and wings. A whole chicken works well also if it fits into your slow cooker)
1 bottle (not a huge bottle) of BBQ sauce
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 can Coca-Cola soda
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Place chicken in slow cooker.
Cover with the BBQ sauce.
Add onion wedges.
Pour can of soda over everything.
Top with lemon wedges, reserving one or two.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Using tongs, pull chicken out of the slow cooker and place on baking sheet.
Place under broiler for a few minutes, until skin begins to crisp.
Using reserved lemon wedges, squirt lemon juice over the chicken before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...