Snickerdoodle Cookies | Sugar for Breakfast: Snickerdoodle Cookies
Image Map

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Snickerdoodle Cookies

We absolutely love cookies at my house. And, we were going through cookie withdrawals.
I haven't made any since a few weeks ago when I made the Peanut Butter Nutella Sandwich cookies I blogged about.
Well, I had been craving a cookie and after the whirlwind we had during the past couple of weeks (work, mini vacay, housework, school, getting daughter ready for kindergarten...I am teary-eyed) I haven't had the time to do much baking. 
But, our Iowa weather has been so cool that I should be baking everyday. I totally mean that also. We have had such mild temps that it tricked our lilac bush and it is blooming again! So crazy!!
So, I knew I was wanting a cookie and decided to bake up a batch of Snickerdoodles. 
I haven't made them for a while because I am so also impatient when it comes to these cookies that waiting for the dough to chill is so stinking hard for me!


I found a recipe over at Lovin' From The Oven and knew I had to give it a whirl.
I doubled it because making 18 of these just won't satisfy my family :)
So, I ended up getting about 3 dozen cookies.
I used a cookie scoop to get even sized cookies, and I also flattened them slightly by pressing them with the palm of my hand before baking. 
Since they are baked at a low temperature, it took my oven about 15 minutes to get them puffed up in the middle and not over-baked (they will turn rock hard if you over-bake these...so don't do it). It all depends on your oven and your cookie sheets. So pay close attention after they bake for about 10 minutes. 



Snickerdoodle Cookies

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 min
Ingredients (36 cookies)
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Instructions
Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla and the eggs until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar, and the baking soda.
Add slowly to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until dough forms.
Cover and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 300 degree.
In a small bowl combine together the 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and coat with the sugar mixture.
Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
Press down the tops with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, not over-baking. The middles of the cookie will be puffed up.
Let cool completely on the baking sheet before removing.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...