Simple Thai Food {a cookbook review} | Sugar for Breakfast: Simple Thai Food {a cookbook review}
Image Map

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Simple Thai Food {a cookbook review}


I just have to start out by saying that the author of this wonderful cookbook, Leela Punyaratabandhu is my new kitchen hero! My husband is Cambodian and I have been trying to teach myself how to create all the foods he grew up with. His mom lives in Washington state and we are in Iowa, so he misses his mommy's food...a lot! I have been doing fairly well, but Leela's book is just what our home needed!
Thai food is definitely a favorite because it is so flavorful and so diverse. The Pad Thai is absolutely wonderful! I have been buying the pre-made sauce for it at the Asian markets and it doesn't even compare.
There is nothing bad to say about this cookbook.
Leela provides several different methods for preparing ingredients and the dishes themselves. Her glossary in the back is so in-depth that any question you may have will be easily answered with a quick glance. Her list of stores to find supplies from is absolutely amazing. I scour the internet and typically end up purchasing goods that I know fall short.
But, not anymore! The photos are beautiful and show the food in all of their delicious glory. The recipe instructions don't miss any steps and anyone who has never cooked Asian cuisine before will be able to follow the recipe and come out with a wonderfully prepared meal! I promise!
This is the best Asian cookbook I have ever glanced through, let alone own and I am so happy to have it part of my collection. If someone is on the edge of trying to make Thai food at home, get this cookbook. You will never look at take-out the same ever again.
This deserves 6 of 5 stars. She went above and beyond with the tips and information that is filling the pages.
Simple Thai Food is bursting with nothing but greatness!


Check out more about Leela here!

*I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...