Restaurant-Style Pumpkin Pie | Sugar for Breakfast: Restaurant-Style Pumpkin Pie
Image Map

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Restaurant-Style Pumpkin Pie

You should see the pile of recipes I have stacked up waiting for me to post them to my blog.
The notebook papers with my notes all over them is a bit over-whelming.
I have been wanting to get some of these posted for months, but I just run out of time.
So, each day I dedicating one-hour to post, which means there might be post overload until the end of the month because I want to dwindle this pile down and start fresh with new recipes for 2014!
It is a lofty goal, I am well aware of that.
I could schedule them to post later...but nope, I am going to go for it and just post away.
So if you are one of my email subscribers, I am sorry in advance for all the emails you may be receiving! :)

Get your bake on for the holidays!

That being said, I have literally wanted to post this recipe since Thanksgiving three years ago.
When I made this the first time I was super leery. I was chancing not adding evaporated milk and sugar.
But, to my surprise, this is thee absolute best pumpkin pie I have ever baked. It is super simple and tastes light, not-too sweet, has a great texture, and well is just my favorite pumpkin pie.


If you bake a pumpkin pie during the remaider of the year...this should be the one you try!

Restaurant-Style Pumpkin Pie

1 15oz can pumpkin
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
9" pastry shell

Preheat oven to 425
Prick the bottom of the pastry shell several times with a fork
Mix together the pumpkin and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
Beat in the eggs one at a time.
Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
Continute to mix until spices are incorporated into the custard.
Pour into the pastry shell.
Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 35-40 minutes, or until center is no longer jiggly.
Let cool completely on wire rack before slicing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...