Pecan Pie | Sugar for Breakfast: Pecan Pie
Image Map

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pecan Pie

Have you ever failed at making a pie?
Like truly failed?
My bets are that if you have, it was when you were trying to make a pecan pie.
Am I am right? Because making a pecan pie for the time was my awful pie-fail!
It was so HARD that we could barely SAW it with a knife.
Now it is the joke every Thankgiving..
"Hey, remember that pecan pie that was so hard we couldn't cut it?"
Luckily, that year my sister was hosting someone from the far-south that didn't have elsewhere to go, and didn't seem to mind the fact that eating the pie increased your risk for breaking all of your teeth. Seriously.
Since then, I have learned to how to check my pecan pie to make sure that doesn't happen again.
And this is my personal favorite pecan pie recipe!


Making the custard to a pecan pie isn't hard. I mean, it is basically sugar and pecans. 
This recipe makes me a feel a little better, I cut back on the corn syrup abit, however added a bit more brown sugar. But, which would you rather eat? More corn syrup or more brown sugar? I opt for the brown sugar!

I took some photos of the prep for this pie this past Thanksgiving.

Prick your pastry shell:


Fill it with the delicious, sugar-pecan custard...and bake until puffy!



Pecan Pie

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 55 min
Ingredients (8 pieces)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup cown syrup
  • 2 tablespoons butter; melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups peacan halves
  • 9" pastry shell
Instructions
Preheat oven to 400
Beat the eggs and brown sugar until foamy.
Add the corn syrup and melted butter; continue to beat.
Add the vanilla and salt.
Stir well to combine.
Fold in the pecan halves.
Pour into unbaked pastry shell.
Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 35-40 minutes until the custard puffs up a bit and isn't jiggly in the center.
Let cool on a wire rack until completely cooled before slicing.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...