Egg-mazing Egg Salad | Sugar for Breakfast: Egg-mazing Egg Salad
Image Map

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Egg-mazing Egg Salad

"You know what I have the hugest craving for?" - Hubs
"I have no idea." - Me.
"Delicious egg salad." - Hubs.
"Well that's random - I thought you were going to say Chinese..." - Me.

Egg salad.
Love it or hate it.
I personally love it.
Everyone seems to have their own version, just like they do with potato salad.
It is one of those dishes that I remember hating as a kid, but now I could make it once a month and make a dinner out of it. My kid? Hates it.
Since the hubs was craving it, I thought I would try making a really good egg salad. One superior to all the others I have made in the past (really they were just eggs, mayo, and mustard I think).
And I've said it before, I don't like to toot my own horn or anything...but....TOOT TOOT



I was going to call it "egg-ceptional" egg salad, but I felt as that has been done too many times. "Egg-mazing" just seemed to fit this recipe better, in my opinion.
I even went all homemade, fresh from the oven (aka breadmaker) warm bread!
See my last post on how to boil the perfect eggs for this recipe also!

Egg-mazing Egg Salad

12 eggs, hard-boiled and shells peeled
1/4 cup green onion; finely chopped
1 tablespoon relish (I used sweet)
2/3 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspons ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons sugar (especially if using real mayonnaise - with Miracle Whip, you probably don't need)
Sandwich bread or croissants

Coarsely chop the hard-boiled eggs.
Put the chopped eggs, green onion, and relish in a mixing bowl.
Add the mayonnaise, salt, mustard, paprika, and sugar to the bowl and combine well with the eggs, green onion, and relish. 
Cover the bowl with a lid or foil and place in the refrigerator for a couple hours (at least two or three) to chill completely. 
Serve on sandwich bread or croissants. 
Store leftover egg salad covered, in the refrigerator for two days, beyond that it might get extra stinky!


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...