The Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg | Sugar for Breakfast: The Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg
Image Map

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg

With Easter weekend upon us, I thought I would share the best tip I have received probably ever about boiling eggs!
I am one of those egg boilers who would always end up with the yolky center or the dreaded gray ring. No matter what I did they just never came out right!
Then when it came to peeling, I must admit I have gotten pretty good, but yet there were *those* eggs that wouldn't peel, and the white part would end up peeling off almost to the center in some part of the egg. You know what I'm talking about? 
So I recently tried boiling some eggs for egg salad (recipe to follow in the next post) since the hubs stated that he was craving some. I gave in  to his craving for the sake of boiling the perfect egg. I must say that I am officially ready to boil eggs Saturday for my daughter to dye, which she is super excited about doing! Not that eggs for coloring need to be perfect...but they are great practice eggs :)


Directions:

Place eggs in a large saucepan or stockpot (in a single layer)
Add enough water to cover the eggs
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and 1-2 teaspoons vegetable or olive oil into the water
Place on stove; cover with lid; set heat to medium-high
Bring water to a boil; continue to boil for 10 minutes
Remove from the stove; drain water
Run cold water over the eggs for a minute or so to cool them down enough to handle
Dry egg with towel; tap the ends to crack and peel the shell off with ease!

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...