Triple Threat Brownies | Sugar for Breakfast: Triple Threat Brownies
Image Map

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Triple Threat Brownies

Does the name of these brownies scare you? Well, it should!
These brownies are super rich, chocolatey, moist, and delicious. The kind of brownie you need a glass of milk to wash down when you are done.
Brownies are one of my favorite indulgences. Nothing, I mean nothing beats a warm brownie topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Now imagine that ice cream on one of these bad boys. Talk about a calorie overload (sorry New Year's Resolution dieters, this brownie isn't for you).


I am in the process of getting a half-sleeve tattoo (yep, I'm one of those moms...whatever those means) and so I have frequented the tattoo shop in the past few months and each time I take a treat. Think about it, I love baking and trying new recipes, and I want to expand my baking business. What better than to have a bunch of guys sing the praise of your baking to customers who sit with them for who-knows-how-many hours while they are getting their ink done? It is a pretty sweet return :)
Anywho, the deal is that I take a treat, and I had a serious sweet tooth and I thought about adding just peanut butter cups to the brownies. But nah! I wanted to take it one step further and add a chocolate chip cookie layer! Yes, really!
You could go really hardcore with these and make everything from scratch, but when it is all combined together, nobody knows that the cookie dough was pre-made and the brownies are from a box.
Go to the store, stock up on peanut butter cups, and make these tonight. Your family will love you!

Triple Threat Brownies

1 large tube refrigerated cookie dough (I used a 2 lb. Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough)
24 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
1 box brownie mix, 9x13 pan size
Ingredients required on brownie mix box

Preheat oven to 350°
Coat a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Cut the cold cookie dough into 1/4-1/2 inch slices and cover the bottom of the baking dish.
Using your fingers press the slices together to form an even layer. 
I didn't quite use the entire large tube of dough, there about 2 inches of dough left at one end.
Form a layer of the peanut butter cups over the cookie dough.
Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the box; pour over the peanut butter cups.
Spread evenly with a spatula.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire rack.
Slice and serve. Reheat for 10 seconds or so in microwave and top with ice cream, if desired.

I had to take a photo of the cookie dough getting covered with the peanut butter cups. It was a beautiful sight!



No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...