Beer Pork Chops | Sugar for Breakfast: Beer Pork Chops
Image Map

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Beer Pork Chops

For some reason I am on a cooking-with-beer binge right now.
I have recently posted my Drunken Drumsticks and Easy Beer Bread recipe, and thought today I'd share another main dish meal that is surprisingly easy!
You wouldn't think that these would be so flavorful by just looking at the list of ingredients, but trust me. I found this recipe tucked away in an old, I prefer the term vintage cookbook that I bought off of eBay and after much contemplating about making them, finally did.
And WHOA! These are mighty tasty!
The hubs really enjoys these and even my daughter likes them. A total win in my book for Miss-Five-Year-Old-Picky-Eater.
These are great served with mashed potatoes or rice. Since the hubs prefers rice, I typically make that over the potatoes. Even though those are my first choice...
Pair these up with a side of vegetables and you are all set.
The pork chops are cooked all in the same skillet, so there isn't much to clean up when you are done.


Beer Pork Chops

6 medium-sized pork chops (thin cut, boneless or bone-in)
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
12oz beer
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Olive oil

Heat enough olive oil in a large skillet to coat the bottom of the pan.
Season the pork with salt and pepper to your liking, add to the heated skillet.
Brown each side for a few minutes each.
Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, and beer in a bowl.
Pour the beer sauce over the pork chops in the skillet.
Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
Remove the pork chops to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. 
Mix the water and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk.
Stir into the simmering beer sauce and whisk.
Let the sauce thicken.
Add the chops back to the thickened sauce and coat both sides.
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...