Peanut Butter Cookies {4 ingredients} | Sugar for Breakfast: Peanut Butter Cookies {4 ingredients}
Image Map

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies {4 ingredients}

We all know the simple peanut butter cookie recipe exists.
People claim it is the best peanut butter cookie they have ever had. I was a pessimist, which is unusual for me, because I am a very optimistic person (er, okay...I try to be a very optimistic person).
I must say admit that my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe hails from the Better Homes and Gardens cook book, you know, that classic red checkered book!
But this is about the super easy, zero time consuming four ingredient recipe. I decided to whip a batch of these up last night right before my Grandpa was expected to arrive for dinner. I had dinner in the slow cooker and he was bringing dinner rolls, and I had zero dessert planned. These flashed in my head and I went to work on them!
I must admit, the dough is good. I am a major cookie-dough-aholic. Salmonella what?
The dough is a bit stickier than other peanut butter cookie dough I have made, probably since there is no flour in it. That made me nervous when it came time to roll them in balls, but it really wasn't a problem at all.
I was super surprised at how great these cookies turned out! They were chewy and crunchy at the time same. This recipe makes a dozen, good-sized cookies. It is easy to double or even triple this recipe, and it is the perfect cookie dough for kids to make!


Peanut Butter Cookies {4 ingredients}
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°
Combine all ingredients well, roll into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in extra sugar, if desired.
Create the fork pattern on the top.
Bake for 10 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet a few minutes then move to a cooling rack.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...