Baby Shower Brunch | Sugar for Breakfast: Baby Shower Brunch
Image Map

Monday, January 9, 2017

Baby Shower Brunch

The countdown is officially on!


There are only 16 days left until my scheduled delivery date. My first daughter was a whopping 10.5lbs when she was born. Plus, I was crazy anemic and all sorts of fun stuff...so this baby will be a c-section baby also.
Luckily this pregnancy is going super smooth in comparison. Very little swelling. Just lots of naps :)
Last week I begged my doctor to not let this baby be as jumbo as my sweet Sophia was at birth (I mean, c'mon...10 pounds is just too much baby at once), so she ordered an ultrasound.
During that we found out that the amniotic fluid is a bit on the low side. She's got a 2x2 pocket, which I guess is the minimum needed for her in the womb, so now we have an ultrasound and non-stress test scheduled this week and next week, or until she is born. Whichever comes first.
She was already showing to be 7lbs 8oz +/- 18oz, so she could be a jumbo baby like her big sister by the time January 25 rolls around.

I wasn't really wanting to have a baby shower, as this is our second child...but my sister reminded me that it will be eight years between the two kids and I need everything all over again. We didn't plan on having another child, ever. So we had nothing saved for a baby, thus I agreed to having a baby shower and we had one back in November.

I decided on a brunch because nobody really likes going to a baby shower mid-afternoon. I mean, really, nobody does.








We just purchased bagels and donut holes from the bakery from our local grocery store. Of course punch with sorbet is always a must at parties. My friend printed the water bottle labels off of Etsy. I made fruit-pizza (recipe here) instead of having cake or cookies. I never knew fruit pizza was such a hit! For the bagel bar we did have a variety of cream cheeses, peanut butter, and Nutella. It went over well with all the moms and their daughters that came along. Sophia had to have her dance girls in attendance after all :)



For the guest book I picked up a baby book and just had all of the guests sign the inside of it.
I also laid out the thank-you card envelopes so each guest could self-address one to help me out with sending out cards. Of course we did a diaper raffle also, and just set out a pail for each person to toss their name in to win a prize!

We played the classic "name the baby food" game and "make a baby out of Play-Doh" and then gave two prizes out for the diaper raffle. We gave out a coloring book and pack of colored pencils that were picked up in the wonderful $1 section at Target. The others were scratch tickets (FUN) and a $5 Starbucks gift card!

My sister also picked up these gold banners in the same section at Target, and I used a gold paint pen to write "Baby Abigail" on the flags. It was a cute little special touch with the fun mylar balloons we got at the dollar store!


I also wanted to give out a fun baby shower favor so each guest could take home a little something from the day. I found a seller on Etsy that sells succulents that are perfect for favors. 


I purchased 30 succulents from the seller ExoticSucculent and couldn't have been more happy with the quick shipping, the packaging, and the overall price for them. 
To make them cuter for gift-giving, I purchased small jelly jars, and laid some fish rocks at the bottom. Then added some cactus soil, the plant, and tied some twine around the ring of the lid. 
For the little sign I bought gift tags in the scrapbooking section and just hot glued them to some skewer sticks after writing a message on them. (Watering instructions of course are on the back).
They were popular and a fun twist on the typical favors you receive!



I purchased my daughter's "Big Sister" button also on Etsy from dustyLuck. It is made-to-order and she loves it. It is a bit on the heavy side, due to the all of the fabric, but we just clipped it on her scarf and she was good to go!

It was a fun baby shower! With all of my wonderful friends and family that came, we were overwhelmed with all the gifts we received and there was very little that we had left to purchase on our own. It was day I appreciated so much!


Me and Sophia!


My wonderful sister who organized the shower and Sophia.

Now this baby can come!
Christmas decorations are all down and all the baby things are officially up. Hoping it is sooner than later, because I'm ready to meet this baby girl, Abigail!

10 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed reading on this article.
    downlodable apps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hesaplara ait IBAN e-posta ve smsle paylama zellii getirildi. This page. Among his most famous works is the Romantic novel The Last of the Mohicans, often regarded as his masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick, easy, sync'd with yahoo-mail message attachment. besteasydates.ru Extension to look up/bookmark kanji from other apps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are some of the accolades Monster Coloring Book has received:TUAW. download warez The slot's setting can be changed at any time inside the outfit template.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can use Elisa with your keyboard, a remote control or even with a touchscreen. Click here! Do you respond positively or negatively to these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you don't use them, you feel you didn't do it the right way. download tv shows Destroy old space girders, navigate round new ones, and avoid the electrified ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fixed an issue with the planchette sometimes getting stuck on the edges of the board. downlodableshareware.top In the early 1970s, Corey Sifter, the son of working-class parents, becomes a yard boy on the grand estate of the powerful Metarey family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. I discovered your site utilizing msn. This is an exceptionally elegantly composed article. I'll make certain to bookmark it and return to peruse a greater amount of your helpful data. A debt of gratitude is in order for the post. I'll unquestionably return. CalDecPrint.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed reading on this article. Thank you for sharing. html color codes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one! My baby shower is also around the corner but it is also a gender reveal party. Therefore, my friends have booked a nice event space NYC for the day. A lot of thoughts are coming to my head right now and I cannot wait for the day.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...