Beef & Gravy {slow cooker} | Sugar for Breakfast: Beef & Gravy {slow cooker}
Image Map

Monday, September 10, 2012

Beef & Gravy {slow cooker}

Comfort food season has arrived!
For me, that means firing up my slow cooker at least three or four times a week. I love to smell the food cooking slowly all day long, with the chilly crisp in the air. There is just no better cooking than that.
I have come to conclusion while preparing September's menu for my house that I think I need to invest in another slow cooker...there are so many great breakfast dishes and desserts that can be made in them. There is a whole slow cooker world that I am slowly starting to realize is out there and now my mind is racing with all the possibilities I must try.
The next couple of months I will be using the slow cooker a lot more since my hubs is now home for a month...or two (hopefully not more!)
He has multiple herniated back discs and basically can't move.
So, he's in bed while I tend to my in-home daycare, all the house work, taking care of our daughter, our four dogs (2 of which are puppies), my online school work, my baking business that I make made-to-order cupcakes, cookies, and cakes, running him to doctor's appointments, and best of all; my blog!
Needless to say, my mind is constantly racing with what needs to be done next and when I can fit things into my schedule. Comfort food for me in a must right now. I need all the comfort I can get! :) :) :) No, really!
Well any who, I was prepping our menu and ran across this recipe for Beef and Gravy over at food.com and knew it would be awesome, and I was right!


Beef & Gravy {slow cooker}

1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin; cut into pieces
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1-10oz can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery)
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sour cream
Oil for frying

Brown beef in the oil in a skillet over the stove; place in slow cooker. (I pepper the beef while browning)
Saute onions in the beef drippings; spoon onions over the beef.
Combine soup, worcestershire, and water in the skillet and cook until bubbly and well mixed.
Pour over the beef and onions.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Add sour cream the last 15 minutes of cooking time and stir well.
Serve over hot mashed potatoes or egg noodles.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...