Sophia is 4 {instagram style} | Sugar for Breakfast: Sophia is 4 {instagram style}
Image Map

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sophia is 4 {instagram style}

I had all intentions to get my week 3 instagram posted, but in reality I had carpal tunnel release surgery that Friday...so I wasn't really feeling like doing it. Plus, that week was very uneventful. Except for the surgery. Which I will be posting about in a few days to answer all the questions I had that I couldn't find real answers to when I searched the internet.
But anywho, back to Sophia is 4! Yes, it is true, my little munchkin turned four at the end of January.
Typically we have a big party: Last year was face painting and balloon animals. The year before was a huge Cambodian/American shindig at our house, and more of the same the year before.
This year, beings I just had the surgery, I wasn't feeling the party vibe. So my family came the weekend before her birthday to celebrate and then on her birthday my sister and I took Sophia and her BFF out for a girl's day!

Let's back up a step...I had carpal tunnel release surgery on the 25th, my family came on the 26th. I won't be able to pipe frosting for about two months my doctor estimates. I refused to buy a store-bought cake, so who in the world frosted Sophia's Justin Bieber Fouth Birthday cake?
Well of course my brother, sister, and mom stepped in for me!
None are great with a decorating bag...so let's just look at the glorious job they did (my eye only twitched a little. Okay, a lot).

Levi, my brother, hard at work piping the cake
Ann playing chef (in Sophia's hat) I love Sophia's face in the corner looking at her Aunt!
  
Ah yes, our mom. Jill. Also taking a whirl in the chef hat!

Levi piping a dot border

Bahah I love my family for trying so hard!! Now they don't take me for granted!

Nothing like some Justin Bieber figurines. Yes, we will be going to one of his concerts this summer...

The top view of the cake when it was all done. *twitching eye*

Sophia didn't care! It had her Justin Bieber on it!!

She wished for "lots of kisses from mommy" I love her!

I really wanted to make the Bieber cake. Lots of purple, something clever  about "Boyfriend and happy birthday" oh well! I love my family for trying for Sophia. But I do like to flashback at this awesome Phineas and Ferb cake I made her last year. OY!!!!!!!! From Phineas and Ferb to Justin Bieber in ONE year. Why do they grow up so quickly?

And now for all the family shots:

 Sophia and her cousin "Zekie" (my nephew, Ezekiel)

Aunt Ann (Nana) Sophia and Grandma

Uncle Levi and Sophia

Great Grandpa Wayne and Sophia

Me one day post carpal tunnel surgery (I couldn't do my hair, makeup...nothing), my hubs Channa, and our big 4-year-old girl!!

So after family day over the weekend, we had girl's day!! 
Sophia chose to take her BFF, Jordyn. My sister came and we made a day trip to Des Moines.
But first the girls got princess up-do's by my friend, Monica (glitter spray and all)
Then we had lunch at Old Chicago (pizza was her choice for lunch)
Got our nails did (shellac anyone? in hot pink...yes, please!)
Then a trip to build-a-bear!
For dinner Sophia chose Mexican (her favorite) because she wanted to be sang to and wear the hat!



Large picture: Sophia enjoying the sombrero and fried ice cream!
Bottom L-R: Sophia giving her Papa "too much kisses" at dinner.
                       Jordyn and Sophia with their build-a-bear creations
                       Jordyn and Sophia with their princess up-dos! (matching of course)
                       The side-view of Sophia's hair.
Right Top-Bottom: Me and my munchkin before we started the day.
                        Me and my wonderful seester, Ann (www.ladylovescoffee.com)
                        The girls with their purple zebra and glitter nails.

It was a fun day! 
Despite having a sore hand all day both days, it was wonderful.
Time passes to quickly and I can't believe we were having a girl's day already. It doesn't seem possible.
Happy Birthday, Sophia!

9 comments :

  1. Pleasant Post !! I like it, it additionally includes a great deal of helpful certainties. on account of share your experience. Case Study Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve added you guys to our blogroll. https://adamfantacy.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there friends, how is everything, and what you wish for to say regarding this article, in my view its actually awesome designed for me. lukevenom.dudaone.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was recommended this blog by way of my cousin. I’m no longer positive whether this put up is written by means of him as nobody else know such specified approximately my trouble. You are wonderful! Thank you! My Blog https://filmlibrary.splashthat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great website. I am happy I found it.It’s nice to read something interesting I cannot find subscription list My Blog http://http://movcarnival.strikingly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do your personal study, and acquaint yourself with the various demands and features of each lending you examine. My Blog https://www.olaladirectory.com.au/rocket-league-developer-psyonixs-tie-in-game-continues-to-be-on-point/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You Need Social Media Services such as Facebook Likes, Facebook Followers, Facebook Share, Facebook Post Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Re-tweets, Twitter Favorite, Instagram Followers, Instagram Photo Likes, YouTube Views, YouTube Subscribers, YouTube Video Likes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest Re-pins, Google Plus, Website Likes, Website Share, Website Tweets? Feel free to leave us a comment. Click our Social Media Services Website.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...