Mississippi Chuck Roast | Sugar for Breakfast: Mississippi Chuck Roast
Image Map

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mississippi Chuck Roast

Are you ready to have thee most delicious roast?
I mean, possibly the best-tasting, most tender, easiest chuck roast, ever?
Well then this super simple recipe is for you!
I  ran across this one over at A Perfectly Lovely Ordinary Day and now this is the roast the hubs asks for almost weekly. Yes, weekly!
First off, my hubs isn't a "tender meat" kind of guy. If you follow my recipes you would know he likes "hearty meals that require a knife" typically. But this is something different. I can't describe it. But the butter, combined with the peppers, mixed with the seasoning packets makes the most tender, delicious roast. I cannot say it enough!
After it is cooked you could just slice it and eat it, shred it and add it to noodles, or any other dish!
I will say after some experimenting with this recipe, follow it as is! Do NOT use a round roast or add veggies to it while in the slow cooker.
You need that fatty marbelization that chuck roasts offer and since no liquid is added, the potatoes/carrots absorb the seasoning and become rather salty.
This meat comes out so perfectly flavored you won't need salt or pepper. SERIOUSLY.





Mississippi Chuck Roast

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 8-10 hours
Ingredients
  • 1 large chuck roast (I think this was about a 3lb roast)
  • 1 packet of Ranch dressing mix
  • 1 packet Au Jus gravy mix
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter; not margarine
  • Pepperoncini peppers
Instructions
Place chuck roast in slow cooker.
Sprinkle the ranch mix over the meat.
Sprinkle the au jus mix over everything.
Place stick of butter on top of the roast.
Surround with the pepperoncini peppers.
Set on low and let cook 8-10 hours.
Serve as is, or add to homemade noodles or casseroles, or anything that you need delicious beef for!
Powered by Recipage

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for the wonderful recipe. I made it today for the first time. Mine is a little bit more salty than we prefer, but I think it is because I mistakenly used a packet of ranch dip mix instead of the dressing mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have done the same thing before, and I felt it was saltier also. Although, sometimes I wonder if it is the au jus packet also..it might depend on the brand, and I'm cheap most times and go with generic and I can tell the differance then also.
      I also found that if I use Angus beef, it is much tougher, and it doesn't fall apart. I don't know if it is because it isn't marbled as much or what it is.
      Anyways, so happy you like it!! This is almost a weekly dish for us. I like to use it for homemade beef and noodles :)

      Delete
  2. I feel like I'm stalking your blog. lol This was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make this in the dutch oven?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...