Sticky Bun Ring | Sugar for Breakfast: Sticky Bun Ring
Image Map

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sticky Bun Ring

Monkey Bread.
Sticky Buns.
All that cinnamon, brown sugar deliciousness.
Who can resist that perfect brunch item?
Umm...I know I can not.
There are so many great variations on monkey bread and sticky buns, this seemed like a good combo to me.
I love using my bundt pan, and I don't get to use it nearly enough.
It is in that awkward cupboard over the refrigerator that you never get into unless you need that pan (typically around Thanksgiving for me).
Well, a bundt pan is perfect for baking monkey bread in. It creates the perfect shape to easily pull the bits apart and you catch my drift here.
I heard of people using syrup drizzled over their monkey bread! Say wha?!
I had to give it a whirl.
I typically do the melted butter with the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture...and let's just say this flavor was amazing!
I used my favorite buttery maple goodness syrup. Go make this. Now. Even if it is for dessert!
I mean look how glorious the color is.


and look at how great it looked even before baking it:



Sticky Bun Ring

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ingredients (24-30 pieces)
  • 2 tubes refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (I use the smaller biscuits, not the big flaky ones)
  • 4 tablespoons butter; melted
  • 1/2 cup syrup
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375°
Coat the bundt pan with cooking spray.
Combine the melted butter and syrup together in a small bowl.
In another bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
Pour half of the butter mixture around the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over the bottom of the pan.
Lay biscuits in a ring, overlapping one another.
Pour remaining butter over the biscuits,
Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over the biscuits.
Bake for 30 minutes; or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and invert onto a serving platter.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...