Taco Croissant Bake | Sugar for Breakfast: Taco Croissant Bake
Image Map

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Taco Croissant Bake

Back when I was working as a customer service representative (I really disliked my job...like more than you can ever imagine) I would spend my spare moments carrying on an email conversation with my sister while she was at her job.
Typically our conversations were mundane and were never too interesting.
We always shared our dinner plans with one another and one night I was so stumped. I believe I was preggo and just wasn't in the mood to cook, so my sister gave me this excellent quick dinner idea. If you enjoy tacos and like to eat croissants, this is the recipe for you.
Check out my sister, Ann's new blog also! www.ladylovescoffee.com


Taco Croissant Bake

1 lb. ground beef
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
2 tubes refrigerator croissant rolls
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
Shredded lettuce
Sour cream
Salsa

Preheat oven to 375°

Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
Add taco seasoning and mix well.
Drain excess grease from meat; set meat aside.
Coat a square baking dish with cooking spray.
Unroll croissant rolls and line baking dish to make a "crust" (see photos below)
Place ground beef in the baking dish, spread evenly.
Sprinkle 3/4 cup shredded cheese over the ground beef.
Bring the edges of the croissant rolls together to create a top crust.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Remove from oven, let rest 3-4 minutes, cut into squares.
Serve with shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa; if desired.



1 comment :

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...