Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting | Sugar for Breakfast: Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
Image Map

Friday, December 30, 2011

Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting

One day at work we were having a pot luck, and I promised I'd bring in a dessert. I didn't want to make the usual cookies or brownies, so I searched allrecipes.com for something new and different that nobody has probably had before. I remember one day at a previous job someone had made a margarita cake, and I wanted to try it, but in cupcake form. So after some searching and some fiddling with the recipes to mold it into something that I thought would be a great recipe. And a hit it was!


This is the cupcake that everyone complimented me on and asked if I would sell them...and that really pushed me into selling my cupcakes and now cakes, cookies and other treats.

Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes

1 package white cake mix
4 eggs
8 oz (1 cup) sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 cups strawberry margarita mix

Preheat oven to 350°
Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water until well incorporated and a few lumps remain. 
Add the margarita mix and combine until mixture becomes smooth.
I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to spoon batter into cupcake liners.
Bake for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Remove from pans to cooling rack quickly.
Makes 24-30 delicious pink cupcakes.

Lime Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
6 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
2 Tablespoons lime juice (I use the bottled lime juice)
Neon green food coloring

Cream together cream cheese and butter.
Add lime juice and food coloring.
Beat in confectioner's sugar until frosting is creamy and holds a stiff peak.

Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Garnish with sanding sugar. 
Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...