Blue Ribbon Baking from a Redneck Kitchen {a cookbook review} | Sugar for Breakfast: Blue Ribbon Baking from a Redneck Kitchen {a cookbook review}
Image Map

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Blue Ribbon Baking from a Redneck Kitchen {a cookbook review}

Blue Ribbon Baking from a Redneck Kitchen

This is a cookbook that displays southern baking at its best!
If you are new to baking, or even an experienced baker this book is full of delicious recipes that should be part of any one's staple go-to goodies to bake. 
The book is bursting with wonderful pies, bars, cakes and I was so excited to see a cheesecake section!
Francine Bryson gives wonderful little tips that I already utilize. Anyone who bakes a lot, or for a living, know that using salted butter and self-rising flour save a lot of time. I was glad to see her recipes reflect these little shortcuts. 
If you are looking for a great variety of pie crust recipes, Bryson has shared just about every known recipe that anyone can master. I plan on whipping (or try to whip up) her Upside-Down Apple-Pecan Pie for our family Thanksgiving this year. It looks absolutely a-maz-ing!
Yesterday I did manage to whip up her Chocolate Silk Pie and it came out perfectly! 
I can honestly say that I don't think there is a recipe in this entire book that I wouldn't enjoy. I obviously have a sweet tooth and bake a lot, but something about her cookbook is just...refreshing and impressive!
There is so much goodness jammed into the pages of this book.
The only thing that makes me sad is that aren't enough pictures of the finished products! 
I love to see how they look before I make something so I have something aspire to...which this cookbook is lacking. 
Perhaps it for the best so I'm not intimidated...but overall this is just wonderful!

*I received this cookbook at no cost from Blogging for Books in exchange for a review.

You may purchase this delightful baking book here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...