Cornbread Stuffed Jalapenos | Sugar for Breakfast: Cornbread Stuffed Jalapenos
Image Map

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cornbread Stuffed Jalapenos

Recently I have become obsessed with trying to make new side dishes with jalapenos.
I cannot seem to pass buying a dozen or so whenever I am grocery shopping.
Jalapeno poppers are a lot harder to make than I envisioned them to be. So I am still working on that one...but I realized you could stuff just about anything in a jalapeno and it will be amazing.  I decided to try using cornbread and it tasted great.
I used a box of Jiffy cornbread mix and added corn and shredded cheese (my favorite way to make a quick cornbread).


Cornbread Stuffed Jalapenos

12-15 Jalapeno Peppers
1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 10oz can whole kernel corn; drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400°

Slice the stem off of each jalapeno.
Then cut each pepper in half, lengthwise and remove the seeds.
In a mixing bowl, combine cornbread mix with egg and milk. 
Stir in the corn and cheese.
Spoon into each half of the jalapeno pepper.
Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet.
Put each pepper on the cooling rack so it doesn't roll around.
Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, until tops of cornbread are golden brown.

2 comments :

  1. Wow! You couldn't have posted a better recipe! I bough jalapenos on clearance today and need to cook them up today. I wanted to use my corn casserole recipe to stuff them, but I do not have creamed corn. I do have all the ingredients for your recipe though.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found it useful :)
      Thanks for letting me know!!

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...