"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies | Sugar for Breakfast: "Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies
Image Map

Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

While on my quest to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, that I can bake...I came across the website www.theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com and knew I needed to try it.
I must say, the cookie is really good. Probably one of the best I have ever baked. It is now officially my hub's favorite chocolate chip cookie. I gave some away, and they loved them also. But then there is me. I love chewy and soft, need I repeat myself again? Caramelish cookies. These are great tasting, however they come out a bit harder than I enjoy. They are a bit crunchy, but are thick and do have caramelish flavor to them! A plus! So they are "perfect" to me, but perfect to everyone else who ate them.



"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a stand mixer, cream together butter, shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
Add the flour and chocolate chips to the creamed mixture and combine just until flour is incorporated.
Do not over mix.
Form dough into rounded balls, and place in a baking dish, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350°

Remove the dough balls from the refrigerator, and place directly onto cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 minutes; remove and let sit on the cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Keep the unbaked cookie dough in the fridge until ready to bake, and place on a cool baking sheet.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...