Heck-a-Good Bars | Sugar for Breakfast: Heck-a-Good Bars
Image Map

Monday, January 28, 2013

Heck-a-Good Bars

Chocolate. Peanut butter. Coconut. Cake mix.
All together? Well I don't know what to call a bar that includes all that...except for "Heck-a-Good Bars!"
And that's just how these bars taste. So, very, tasty, scrumptious!


These are seriously rich. You need something to drink when you eat one of these babies. The peanut butter mixed in the cake mix really shines through and mixes wonderfully with the chocolate fudge layer. There is just enough coconut to add some texture and a hint of coconut flavor, it isn't too strong. I could have added more, but I love coconut, or you could omit it altogether. I baked these in an 8x11 pan to get them a little thicker, but they could be baked in a 9x13 with no problem.
All I know is that you probably have everything you need for these bars in your pantry. So...go.make.these.now.


Heck-a-Good Bars

1 (18.25oz) box white cake mix
1/2 cup butter; melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla 
1 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 325°

Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs.
Press 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 8x11 or 9x13 baking dish.
In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and 2 tablespoons butter.
Stir constantly until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and shredded coconut.
Spread evenly over the cake layer in the pan.
Crumble the remaining cake mixtureevenly over the top of the fudge layer.
Bake for 25 minutes; until cake crumbles show browning on edges.
Let cool completely; then cut into bars and serve!

Recipe adapted from girlwhoateeverything

2 comments :

  1. oh my gosh! My baby and I need these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you and your baby needs them as well. And now I am thinking I need these...again :) They are so good!!
      Are you blogging yet???

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...