Jalapeno Cheddar Potatoes | Sugar for Breakfast: Jalapeno Cheddar Potatoes
Image Map

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jalapeno Cheddar Potatoes

I made a big meal the other night. It was so great. Oven Fried Chicken, Iowa sweet corn (the best corn-on-the-cob ever) and I was going to make mashed potatoes. But then I got to looking through my crisper and found some jalapenos I picked up the other day and decided to spice things up a bit! I came up with great tasting scalloped potato dish. I added a jalapeno pepper and it added a great zing of spice to every bite.
This is a side dish I will definitely be making again. Super tasty, and I usually have everything on hand. It beats having mashed potatoes every time.

To boil the potatoes you could do it a couple different ways. Either boil a full potato, let it cool, then peel and slice. Pop them in the microwave (holes poked in it of course) and do the same. Let it cool, peel and then slice. But since I was originally going to make mashed potatoes, I had already peeled and sliced my potatoes and brought them to a boil on the stove. This worked out well. I just drained them as usual, then I ran cold water over the spuds and drained. I repeated this a few times to help cool the potatoes quickly before adding them to the sour cream. Do whatever way you prefer!


Jalapeno Cheddar Potatoes
5-6 russet potatoes
3 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350°

Cook potatoes and cut into the slices (see above for cooking)
In a mixing bowl, whisk the milk and flour.
Combine the sour cream to the milk and mix well.
Fold in the chopped jalapeno pepper and potato slices.
Pour potato mixture into a 8x8 baking dish or a pie dish.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Cook for 30-40 minutes, until cheese bubbles and starts to brown.
Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...