Cherry Bliss Brownies | Sugar for Breakfast: Cherry Bliss Brownies
Image Map

Friday, July 13, 2012

Cherry Bliss Brownies


These are like "Shut the Front Door" type of brownies. 
Brownies, cream cheese and cherries?! shut the front door!! :)
This recipe I came across in a magazine and ripped out the page knowing one day I would have to make them. Well, the paper got shoved away into my hundreds of pages of recipes I rip out and I finally found it. Then yep, I had to make them right away.
The recipe is from Lucky Leaf (the pie filling makers) and they know how to use their pie filling, that's for sure.
Since I love cherries, my daughter loves chocolate and the hubs loves cheesecake it is a total win at my house!
I should have waited a little bit longer to cut into them, hence the dropping cream cheese in the picture, but seriously, they taste so good. Very rich. Very delicious. Very wonderful!

Cherry Bliss Brownies
1 box of brownie mix for 9x13 pan size
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/4 cup water
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
5 Tbsp butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 21oz can cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350°
In a large mixing bowl combine brownie mix, oil, 3 eggs, and water. 
Mix until well combined.
Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish.
In another mixing bowl; cream together the cream cheese and butter. 
Mix in sugar, 2 eggs, flour, and vanilla.
Drop by spoonfuls over the brownie batter.
Use a knife to make a marble pattern in the batter
Drop cherry pie filling by spoonfuls over the top over the batter.
Bake for one hour.
Cool completely :)



No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...