Chocolate Lava Cake {slow cooker} | Sugar for Breakfast: Chocolate Lava Cake {slow cooker}
Image Map

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chocolate Lava Cake {slow cooker}

We recently went on vacation to Washington state to visit my husband's family and to attend a wedding.
While we were there I realized how totally spoiled we were at the moment...60 degree weather in Tacoma/Seattle versus 98-100 degrees at home in Iowa.
It was magnificent! (Soon I will posting our trip in the new "Travel" section of my blog) yay!
Anyways, we were eating wonderful Asian food (Dim Sum anyone?) and my lack of baking sweets was starting to make me crave everything chocolate under the sun!
So when we got home, and I learned my sister and brother were coming to visit (they expect a sweet treat when they come to my house) I knew I had to satisfy my sweet tooth and theirs without making my house a million degrees in the heat.
That's when I remembered one of my very first pins over on Pinterest. Chocolate Lava Cake...wait for it...in the slow cooker.
I made it and it was a-maz-ing!
The only change that I would make in the future, and I changed in the recipe, is I would reduce the amount of boiling water because I ended up with mostly lava and not enough cake :( But it was so good with vanilla ice cream. Warm chocolate-y goodness!!


Chocolate Lava Cake {slow cooker}
{printable recipe}

Cake:
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla

Fudge:
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/4 cup boiling water

Combine the ingredients for the cake together (I did this right in the crock of the slow cooker)
Then combine the brown sugar and cocoa powder for the fudge sauce in a small bowl.
Sprinkle over the cake batter in the crock.
Pour the boiling water over everything.
DO NOT STIR
Cover, set on high, let cook for 2 hours.
Turn off, let rest for 30 minutes or so, serve with ice cream!

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...