Spiffy Jiffy Cornbread | Sugar for Breakfast: Spiffy Jiffy Cornbread
Image Map

Friday, March 9, 2012

Spiffy Jiffy Cornbread

Cornbread seems to complete a home-cooked meal.
It just brings it full circle.
I always keep those tiny boxes of inexpensive Jiffy cornbread in my cupboard.
Tastes good. Mine always comes out a tad bit on the dry side.
So thinking about my sister's Jiffy Corn Casserole, I thought I would try it only in baking form.
The result is a moist cornbread that has awesome flavor!
Cheap to make too :)


Spiffy Jiffy Cornbread
Prep: 5 minutes Bake: 20 minutes Servings: 8

Preheat oven to 350°

1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 can (10.5oz) creamed corn

Mix cornbread mix, egg and milk together until well blended.
Fold in can of creamed corn.
Combine well.
Pour into greased baking dish, I use a glass pie pan to get even wedges when sliced.
Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...