Brown Sugar Grapefruit | Sugar for Breakfast: Brown Sugar Grapefruit
Image Map

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Brown Sugar Grapefruit

I remember spending Friday night at my Grandma and Grandpa's house when I was little.
You know, the nights the Dad would go out with his buddies.
Those were some of my best memories growing up.
My Grandma always showing me all the yummy little foods she ate.
One of my favorite breakfasts she would make would be English Muffin bread, she toasted in the oven, and sliced grapefruit topped with brown sugar placed under the broiler for a few minutes.
The memories are delish :)
I even remember her having a special grapefruit knife for slicing the segments of the fruit. I need to find me one of those!
This is so simple and not a lot of people I have talked to about eating grapefruit have ever done this. Try it. At least once. You won't be disappointed! The sugar is so wonderful with the grapefruit juice.


Brown Sugar Grapefruit
Prep: 5 minutes Broil: 5 minutes Servings: 1 full grapefruit

Place top oven rack closest to the broiler.
Turn broiler on low.

Cut 1 grapefruit in half, cross-section.
Using a knife loosen all the sections of the fruit.
Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of brown sugar over each grapefruit half.
Broil for 5 minutes or until sugar starts to carmalize.
I have read other people add other spices like ginger or cinnamon. Play with it!
Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...