Simple, Delicious, Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream | Sugar for Breakfast: Simple, Delicious, Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Image Map

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Simple, Delicious, Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

I love homemade ice cream. The smoothness, the richness, the fact that I made it. There is no store-bought ice cream that comes close to the taste of ice cream made at home.  I have tried many recipes, and all come out great. But I was running late with dinner plans on Memorial Day, I believe it was (a perfect holiday to have a BBQ and ice cream) and I didn't have time to cook eggs and go buy more  milk, etc. so I came across this recipe from Eagle Brand, I had everything on hand, and I'm glad I did. This was creamy, rich, easy, and best of all had awesome vanilla flavor. And besides the obvious need of ice and rock salt it is only 3 (THREE) ingrediants!!




  • 4 cups half & half
  • 14oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tablespoons (or 3) vanilla extract
Mix all ingridents together in a bowl. Pour into 2-quart ice cream freezer. Follow your manufacturer's instructions. (Add ice and rock salt) When it is done your ice cream should look this creamy and delicious!


ENJOY!




No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...