Creamy Cajun Pasta | Sugar for Breakfast: Creamy Cajun Pasta
Image Map

Friday, August 1, 2014

Creamy Cajun Pasta

Meals that can be tossed together in less than half an hour are pretty much my favorite.
This is a recipe I bookmarked from food.com and I just haven't ever gotten around to making it. I have heard of Chicken Lazone before, but I haven't had it myself. It reminds me a lot of a popular pasta that the Pioneer Woman has on her blog that is a regular pasta dish at our house. 
The hubs always claimed that he doesn't like pasta. 
After a lot of experimenting, I have learned that he doesn't like spaghetti or pastas with runny marinara sauce all over the noodles. 
So, now that I make these other pasta dishes make my hubby's tummy happy and it makes me happy because I get my noodle fix!


Anyways, back to the recipe. 
I made the chicken as directed once and the sauce is what reminded me of the Pioneer Woman's recipe and I knew I needed to make more of the sauce and serve it over a bed of noodles. 
Success!
And to make it about a billion times better I threw in andouille sausage instead of all chicken.
I also like everything with a bit of a kick to it, so I added some pre-made Cajun seasoning and it was really good. But, cayenne pepper works just as well. Which I learned this last time I made it.
Total deliciousness overload!
If you want more of the creamy sauce, simply add more of the heavy cream and let it thicken. Adjust the spices to account for more of the sauce, and you are ready to go.
This made 4-6 servings, depending on how large your servings are :)

Creamy Cajun Pasta

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min

Ingredients (4-6)
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 pound andouille sausage - cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 2 teapoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or cajun spice
  • 1/4 cup butter, divided
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 16 oz uncooked pasta
Instructions
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Place the cut chicken and sausage in a mixing bowl.
Sprinkle all the spices over the meat.
Toss the mixture to coat all the pieces.
In a hot iron skillet or regular skillet, add half of the butter and let it melt.
Add the chicken and sausage and let cook until browned on one side, then flip the pieces over to brown the other side.
Add the heavy whipping cream, reduce heat to a simmer and let thicken.
Add the remaining butter and stir well until melted.
When the sauce is as thick as you'd like it, serve it over drained pasta.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...