BBQ Burgers | Sugar for Breakfast: BBQ Burgers
Image Map

Friday, May 2, 2014

BBQ Burgers

The sun is finally shining.
The weather is finally starting to warm up and stay there.
You know what that means!
Time for burgers!!
My hubs and I are hamburger lovers.
Restaurants always have their "signature" burger and I decided I needed my own.
One thing that I am disliking majorly lately is that all restaurants seems to be using frozen patties.
Blech.
They perfectly shaped patty, uniform thickness, the bland taste...I'll admit some places can pull it off with their fixin's on top, but many fail. The beef has no flavor and tastes...well frozen.
So I've been dabbling in the hamburger business for a while and finally came up with the hub's new favorite burger that he has requested several times!
Even my daughter loves it. She tells me it is SO much better than McD's. (Which is a huge accomplishment coming from a 5 year-old).
I just slap on a slice of American cheese for her's, and pepper jack for the rest of them.
Burgers need to be juicy. It should be rule #1 when make hamburgers. Use a nice fatty blend. I'm not going to lie, we use the 73/27 and it is a-maz-ing!
Since they are pretty soft (fatty) burgers, grilling them is pretty difficult. They will fall apart. So I use a grill pan on the stove, or you could use one on your grill racks. You don't need to worry about oiling it up before hand, since there is enough juice from the beef to make it not stick.
Hawaiian Sweet Roll hamburger buns round out this burger and pretty much makes it perfect.


BBQ Burgers

2 pounds ground beef (73/27)
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Lowry's seasoning
6 slices Pepper jack cheese
BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays)
Picked jalapeño slices
6 Hawaiian Sweet Roll hamburger buns

In a large bowl combine together the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, and Lowry's seasoning.
Form into 6 even patties.
Make an indention in the center of each burger to prevent puffing up while cooking.
Place the burgers on a hot grill pan and let cook a few minutes, until let cook until well browned on that side.
Flip the patties over and press burger down with a large spatula
Let continue to cook a few more minutes until thoroughly cooked through.
Add a slice of the cheese to each patty, I fold the corners in so it doesn't melt off the edges of the burger.
Place a large lid over the burgers to let the cheese melt.
Remove burgers from the grill and place on a paper towel-lined plate to blot out some of the excess fat.
Place on a hamburger bun.
Top with a squirt of BBQ sauce and pickled jalapeño slices.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...