Chocolate Chip, Pecan & Toffee Chip Cookies | Sugar for Breakfast: Chocolate Chip, Pecan & Toffee Chip Cookies
Image Map

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Chocolate Chip, Pecan & Toffee Chip Cookies

I was rummaging through my cupboards (after I cleaned them all out...I'm doing the 40 bags in 40 days thing) and found some toffee chips I forgot I had. I also found a brand new, unopened bag of pecan halves that I must have bought for Thanksgiving, but it got shoved to the back of cupboard (surprise, I know).
So I paused and was thinking on what I should make - since I was madly craving a cookie.
Then it dawned on me.
Chocolate chip.
Pecan.
Toffee Chip.
Cookies.
Yes.
Please.
I then decided to just "wing" the recipe and they turned out totally tasty!


They were thick and moist and salty and sweet and chewy and a bit crunchy and every bit of delicious I had hoped for.

Chocolate Chip, Pecan & Toffee Chip Cookies

1/2 cup Crisco or other shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (I love vanilla)
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup toffee chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350.
Beat the shortening, butter, and sugars together until fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla.
Keep beating until foamy. 
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
Beat until combined.
Mix in the chips and pecans.
Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, until puffy and brown on the edges.
Cool on wire racks. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...