Goulash | Sugar for Breakfast: Goulash
Image Map

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Goulash

Goulash is one of those comfort foods that I love to eat when I'm having a "down" day.
I have been craving more and more comfort food lately...probably due to my stress level, or something...and goulash was on my list of must-have one day a few weeks ago.
I always tried to replicate my Grandma's goulash, and of course it is one those recipes she didn't have a recipe for...she just made it and it was perfect each and every time.
So I have been trying for a few years to get it right.
This last time I think I hit a winning combination for good flavor and still remind me of my Grandma's from so many years ago.
I always like to eat my goulash with bread and butter.
It is one of the few times that I will just a slice of bread with some delicious butter spread over it.
Really, I do. And I probably eat too much bread, considering there is pasta in this...oops.


Other comfort food dishes:

Goulash

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Ingredients (8-10)
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 2-14.5oz cans diced tomatoes
  • 3-8oz cans tomato sauce
  • 3/4teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 2 cups elbow macaroni
Instructions
Brown the ground beef in a large stock pot
Add the onion and garlic and continue cooking until onions are clear.
Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and oregano.
Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Add in the uncooked macaroni noodles, cover again and let continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
If noodles aren't getting tender, add 1/4 cup water as needed to finish cooking the noodles.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...