Milky Way Puppy Chow | Sugar for Breakfast: Milky Way Puppy Chow
Image Map

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Milky Way Puppy Chow

This stuff is so good, it should be illegal. Seriously. It is so good.
If you make some, it'll be gone the same day you make it. Even if you make it for just yourself.
Don't say I didn't warn you.


So, my friend, Candace, and I have been "exercising" in the evenings (we are walking) and while walking this past Sunday she was talking about her day at the fair the previous day. She mentioned not liking fried Snickers bars (because everything is fried at the Iowa State Fair...everything).
The conversation then went something like this:
I said, "Oh the Milky Way is good fried!"
"I love Milky Ways."
"Me too! Do you like Puppy Chow?"
"Umm...yeah." (as if it weren't even a question to be asking her)
"You should try Puppy Chow made with Milky Ways instead of chocolate and peanut butter!"
"I'm going to the store tonight."



And that she did. We couldn't stop thinking about Milky Way Puppy Chow. I don't even know where I first had it. But all I know is once you think about it, you can't stop thinking about it until you eat it or make it, then you just want more.
This is what happened in my case.
She made some, brought me some, I ate it all with my daughter, and then the thought of more consumed me until I decided to make more today, send home some with sister and make a blog post because I realized I never blogged about it the last time I made it!

Here is my pointer about making Puppy Chow (any kind)

  • If you melt the chocolate in a large pot, keep the heat on low on the stove, and pour the cereal directly into the pot, keep stirring gently while the heat is on low to help prevent the chocolate from cooling too quickly and making it hard to coat the cereal.
I make mine with more chocolate, less cereal.
It's just how I roll.
So adjust as you see fit :)

**Update 6-2-2016
Since posting this recipe almost three years ago, I have had several emails about how great it is. I'm so glad everyone enjoys it, and yes! You can use any meltable candy bar you would like! Try Snickers or any with a nougat filling, not a cookie filling. Peanuts are a nice addition :)
I have also added new snapshots since I now have something better than my old point-and-shoot camera.
ENJOY!

You can check out when this was featured in a Buzzfeed article here.




Milky Way Puppy Chow

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Ingredients
  • 8 full-sized Milky Way candy bars
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 8 cups rice or corn chex cereal
  • 2 1/2 -3 cups powdered sugar
Instructions
In a large pot on the stove, melt together the candy bars and butter until smooth, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
Reduce heat to low, pour the cereal in with the chocolate mixture.
Fold the cereal into the chocolate/caramel coating until all pieces are coated well.
Transfer the coated cereal into a large plastic container with a lid.
Sprinkle 2 cups powdered sugar over the cereal, snap on the lid, and shake.
Shake until the pieces are covered in sugar, adding more until it is covered to your liking.
Powered by Recipage


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...