Berry Salad | Sugar for Breakfast: Berry Salad
Image Map

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Berry Salad

Berries scream summer!
This is a delicious berry salad that can be adapted to suit your taste.
My favorite way is to use it to top my Vanilla Texas-Blondies.


Ever since my sister started doing her clean eating diet, only just 8 days ago, every time I eat something I think to myself, "could Ann eat this?" or "how could this be made so she could eat this?" 
You could check out www.ladylovescoffee.com to follow her little diet journey :)
So as I mentioned in my last post, Old-Time Lemonade, I kind of went "berry" crazy, hahahaaaaa....
Okay, yeah, I bought tons of berries. 
I love to eat fresh fruit, but after a couple bowls of plan fruit, the taste can get kind of boring.
I decided to kick them up a notch, and decided to try a simple glaze to mix the fruit in. 
I did add flaked coconut, which has been sweetened, so if you are on a clean eating diet like she is, don't add that. But I love coconut, and it added a different texture to the berries (and banana I added also).
My fruit measurements aren't exact, but you get the idea. Depending on how much fruit you use, the honey and lime ratios could be varied as well. You get the idea!


*If using for a topping on the Vanilla Texas-Blondies, leave out the banana and coconut, if you wish. I like to let the fruit sit over night to get juicy and really mesh together. 

Berry Salad

by Sugar For Breakfast
Prep Time: 5 min
Ingredients (4-6)
  • 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
  • 1 pint fresh blackberries
  • 1 pint fresh raspberries
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
  • 1 large banana, sliced
  • 1/4 cup flaked coconut
  • Juice from 1 lime
  • 2 tablespoons honey
Instructions
Combine the berries, banana, and coconut to a large bowl.
Toss gently to mix.
Add the lime juice and drizzle the honey over the fruit.
Using a spatula or wooden spoon, gently mix the fruit.
Chill until ready to serve.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...