Berry Fruit Pizza | Sugar for Breakfast: Berry Fruit Pizza
Image Map

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Berry Fruit Pizza

I am on a serious berry kick right now. The beautiful berries draw me in each and every time I need to stop at the store.
I had some sitting around and didn't know exactly what I wanted to do with it, but I knew I wanted to do something else than make another salad or top my yogurt. Then I remembered looking forward to berry season when my grandma was alive...it meant fruit pizza time!
Growing up I swore that I hated cream cheese.

Cheesecake? Only the instant kind from the box...you know, the Jell-O kind!
So when my grandma gave me this for the first time, and I didn't hate it, I loved it, she proceeded to tell me that it was cream cheese. And that I ate it all the time when I ate cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting, brownies with a marbled cheesecake swirl...you get the idea. It was all in my head. And now I cannot stand the fake cheesecake! I need the real stuff!

I knew I had to reserve some berries for a fruit pizza, and I am so glad that I did.
You can use any fruit that you like, it is a pizza for cryin' out loud...the possibilities are endless!!
I've made them with just strawberries, or add that strawberry glaze they sell next to the berries over the cream cheese, and then the fruit. YUM!
I love them with kiwis and bananas, really anything goes!
To make this super easy and virtually fool-proof I like to use a tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
I just slice it into 1/4 inch slices, lay them flat, next to each other so the sides are touching, and they bake up into a perfect crust.
I like to bake it on my Pampered Chef baking stone. It is just perfect for this!



Fruit Pizza

by Sugar For Breakfast
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Ingredients
  • 1 tube refrigeratored sugar cookie dough
  • 1-8oz package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • Mixed berries or other fruit -
  • Blueberries
  • Raspberries
  • Blackberries
  • Strawberries
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350
Slice the cookie dough into 1/4 inch slices and place side by side, covering a cookie or pizza sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, until the cookie crust is golden brown.
Let cool completely.
Mix the cream cheese and sugar until well incorporated and it isn't grainy.
Wash and prepare fruit.
For strawberries I like to slice so they lie flat.
Frost the cookie crust with the cream cheese.
Arrange fruit however you desire over the cream cheese.
Chill until ready to serve.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...