Christmas Tree Frosting {how-to} | Sugar for Breakfast: Christmas Tree Frosting {how-to}
Image Map

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tree Frosting {how-to}


Frosted sugar cookies are a staple on all Christmas goody platters. I'm pretty confident that a Christmas gathering without sugar cookies would be like Easter with no eggs.
I absolutely love sugar cookies with that rich, creamy, butter cream frosting on them. I enjoy sugar cookies with royal icing on them as well, but those are more for looks than for savoring, at least to me they are.
It is a lot easier to make little details with the icing, but you can still make great-looking cookies with butter cream as well. It just takes some thought.
So I thought I would share how I make Christmas Tree shaped sugar cookies.

Of course, you need to bake some cookies.
I have a sugar recipe here, and then some great butter cream frosting...which can be found here also.

Then:






Let the cookies sit out for a few hours for the frosting to "firm" up so when you package them they won't smear and smoosh together.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...