Tropical Delight Pie | Sugar for Breakfast: Tropical Delight Pie
Image Map

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tropical Delight Pie

Everyone knows that a package of cream cheese, some sugar, cool whip, and a graham cracker crust equal endless possibilities for a quick cool pie.
I was in need of one over the weekend.
I had spent the day baking cakes, it was hot. A nice 80°+ day in Iowa, with a great amount of humidity mixing with my hot kitchen meant I wasn't going to bake something else for dessert to take Grandpa's house.
With that in mind, I rummaged through my cupboards and mixed in some ingredients and came out with a delicious tasting pie.
One I am pleasantly surprised and proud of.
My Grandpa, not a huge fan of coconut, said he wanted to lick his plate clean when he was done :) Love him!
Even my daughter, who claims not to like pineapple, gobbled a piece right up!
It is super simple to mix together and rounds out a meal. Great for those hot days!


Tropical Delight Pie

1 graham cracker pie crust
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
8oz crushed pineapple, slightly drained
1 cup shredded coconut
8oz tub of cool whip
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
Mix in the crushed pineapple and coconut.
Fold in 2/3 of the cool whip.
Pour into the pie crust.
Spread remaining cool whip over the top to make nice and white.
Sprinkle pecans over the top.

Since it was super hot that day, I popped it in the freezer to set up for about 2 hours before we ate.
A few hours in the fridge would do well with it also.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...