Cherry Mallow Cake | Sugar for Breakfast: Cherry Mallow Cake
Image Map

Friday, April 13, 2012

Cherry Mallow Cake

If you look at my recipes, I'm sure you would see my cherry obsession right away.
I love, love, love cherries.
Cherries + anything = my favorite!
While doing my usual friend stalking on FB the other night, one of my friends posted a quick recipe she was making before she started her diet.
My jaw dropped.
Simple and it sounded delicious!
I'm sure she found it originally on Pinterest, I couldn't find the original source, so I just wrote down her post, and made it the next day. The very next.
The mallow taste bakes into the cake well and it just is the right amount of sweet.
I want to try this with rhubarb! Any fruit filling would be great in this recipe.


Cherry Mallow Cake
Prep: 10 minutes  Bake: 50 minutes  Servings: 9x13 dish

1 box white or yellow cake mix (18.25oz) prepared according to directions on box
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350°

Light spray 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Place marshmallows in the dish, and even out.
Pour prepared cake mix over the marshmallows.
Spoon the pie filling over the cake batter.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, and center is not jiggly.
Let cool, slice and serve with a bit of cool-whip.




No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...