Buffalo Chicken Pasta | Sugar for Breakfast: Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Image Map

Monday, September 28, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Pasta

Pasta is so versatile.
The things you can add to noodles to make a delicious meal seem pretty much limitless.
This one comes together quickly and tastes pretty darn great.


My hubs isn't a huge buffalo sauce fan, but he still manages to eat this pasta.
Good thing, otherwise he would be in charge of his own dinner :)
One thing about buffalo chicken that I don't particularly care for is blue cheese. I know, I know.
How dare I? Especially when I live in the hometown of Maytag Blue Cheese...
Well it is true. So I substitute blue cheese in my recipes with ranch dressing.
It is still creamy and comes out full of flavor.
I also bring my noodles to a boil in a large skillet on my stove top.
Say what?

Yep! Instead of bringing a pot of water to a boil and then waiting for the noodles to cook, I just dump all the noodles into the skillet, add water until they are covered completely and bring it to a boil.
This cuts out so much time waiting for the water to come to a boil. The surface area is larger, so the water heats up quicker, thus resulting in a quicker noodle cooking time.
Seriously, give it a try...you will never go back to the other way.

Another thing I like to do when making pasta dishes, is when I combine all the ingredients together, I do so in my largest iron skillet. I can combine the sauce ingredients in the skillet on the stove.
Toss in the noodles and chicken and then just pop the entire thing into the oven. It eliminates another dirty saucepan also.
So for this whole meal, I used one iron skillet, a large skillet for the noodles to boil in, and then another pan to cook the chicken in beforehand.

You could use any shredded cheese you would like. I happened to have cheddar on hand when I made this for the photos, so that's what I used. Mozzarella is good though as well.

This is a filling dish that would be good on Sunday while watching the football games.
Trust me.

Buffalo Chicken Pasta

by Sugar For Breakfast
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ingredients (6 servings)
  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 16 oz pasta
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank's)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/3 cup bleu cheese dressing or crumbled (I sub ranch dressing for this)
  • 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • Shredded cheese, if desired
  • Red pepper flakes
Instructions
Cook pasta until almost cooked through, stopping a minute or two before the package directions state
Drain noodles and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet (I use an iron skillet) bring the milk to a simmer.
Add the buffalo sauce, cream cheese and the blue cheese or ranch dressing to the milk.
Whisk until smooth.
Whisk in the garlic powder and some red pepper flakes.
Stir in the drained noodles and shredded chicken.
Coat well in the sauce.
Mix together the Panko and melted butter.
Sprinkled shredded cheese over the noodles, if desired - then sprinkle the Panko mix over the top.
Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to the top.
Place in the oven and let cook for 20 minutes or until the bread crumbs have browned.
Let sit for five minutes before serving.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...