Peanut Butter & Nutella Sandwich Cookies | Sugar for Breakfast: Peanut Butter & Nutella Sandwich Cookies
Image Map

Monday, July 7, 2014

Peanut Butter & Nutella Sandwich Cookies

The Fourth of July weekend went by in a flash, didn't it?
We were completely busy all weekend, some of it my own doing since I started a project...a fairly large project. But, I managed to make up a batch of these delicious little cookies yesterday:


Oh, and the large project I started? I ripped up the carpet in our living room!! Yep!
Do you ever get an itch to do something and then it consumes you?
That's me after I finally peeked under the carpet on Thursday to discover hardwood there!
WOO HOO! I knew the chances of it existing beneath the carpet were fairly decent. We have a hallway and our daughter's room that are both hardwood, I just don't know why it took me ten years of living here to finally look? I guess staring at those stains on the carpet every day and trying so hard to clean them out were getting to me!
So...I started that project, by myself. The hubs wants no part of it. I don't blame him! But, he will be the sandman when we refinish them in a few weeks. We still need to pull up the carpet in our bedroom so we can do it all at once. I am so EXCITED!
Well, that's how I spent all of my spare time on Saturday and Sunday. Toss in a bit of homework (Shakespeare and nonfiction writing to be exact) and that was my weekend!
Friday though, we did have a LOT of fun!
We of course went to the parade:



Then we went to my Uncle's for a cookout and a quick swim in his pool...and homemade ice cream!


After that we headed to Red Rock Lake to meet my brother and sister and spent the evening out on the boat!

My sister, Ann & Sophia

My brother, Levi chillaxin' while Channa captains the boat

Beautiful Red Rock

Me & my girl!
Then we came home just in time to watch the fireworks.


I was exhausted!!
I do have to note that while boating we did grill some hot dogs (Wranglers, All Beef of course since the hubs is a hot dog snob) and my sister in her quest for healthy food alternatives made herself some Carrot Dogs to toss on the grill! If you are interested in reading about them, check out her blog post here!

But in the midst of my carpet ripping yesterday I managed to whip up a batch of these cookies that I found over at Tasty Kitchen
OH EM GEE!
So freaking good!
Sophia was a bit freaked out about them at first, "please just make me regular peanut butter cookies, they are my favorite!" she kept telling me.
I reminded her that she absolutely loves Nutella and that she will love these, too.
No surprise here. She loves them.
It is just a basic peanut butter cookie recipe with a quick and easy Nutella filling slathered in between two cookies of the same size. This made 32 sandwich cookies, just as the original recipe says it would.
The filling is just enough to smoosh a small amount in between cookies, so I recommend bumping up the amount a bit. Especially if you are like me and really, really love Nutella.
Totally easy to make, stores well, came out moist and tasty.
Pretty sure you need to make these right now!


Peanut Butter & Nutella Sandwich Cookies

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 8 min

Ingredients (64 sandwich cookies)
    For the Cookies
    • 1 cup butter, softened
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • 1 cup granulated sugar
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 1 cup peanut butter
    • 2 1/2 cups flour
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 2 tablespoons sugar
    For the Filling
    • 6oz cream cheese, softened
    • 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
    • 3/4 cup Nutella
    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    In a mixer, beat together the butter and sugars for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
    Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
    Mix in the vanilla and peanut butter, combining well.
    In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
    Add slowly to the creamed mixture, mixing just until combined.
    Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, or roll dough into even-sized 1-inch balls, place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
    Make the balls as uniform sized as possible and not too large.
    You will make 64 cookies altogether.
    Using a fork, or tenderizer, dip into the 2 tablespoons of sugar to prevent sticking, and make pattern on top of the cookies.
    Bake for 8 minutes, or until puffed in the center.
    Remove from the oven and let cool completely on baking sheet before removing.
    While cookies are baking, make the filling:
    In a mixer, beat together the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and Nutella.
    When the cookies are done baking and hardened a bit from cooling, using a frosting spatula or butter knife, swipe even amounts of the frosting on the flat side of one cookie, using another of about the same size and shape, make a sandwich with the cookies - the Nutella as the filling.
    Repeat until all cookies are sandwiches.
    Store in airtight container.
    Powered by Recipage

    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    ShareThis

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...