Drunken Drumsticks | Sugar for Breakfast: Drunken Drumsticks
Image Map

Friday, June 6, 2014

Drunken Drumsticks

Yesterday I was wanting to grill. Our grill is in desperate need of an upgrade and the last time I cooked chicken on it it flared up...so as you can guess we had some nice blackened chicken on the outside and totally raw on the inside. I blame the grill. Seriously. The grates are breaking up and the flames only come out of some of the burners.
Yeah.
We need to purchase a new one. Stat.
But I wanted to prove to my hubs that I could still cook chicken successfully on it using the whole "indirect" heat theory that he keeps telling me to use.
Surprise, he was right. It worked. I shouldn't have blamed our three burners that work.
We still need a new grill. Badly.
So, I went to work yesterday morning coming up with a marinade for the package of drumsticks hanging out.


I went with my idea of a beer can chicken being super tasty and delicious and decided to just smother all the chicken in a can of beer.
Yes.
Tasty.
Really tasty.
I also put two cuts into each piece of meat before marinating it to really get the flavor into the meat.
They had been frozen and sometimes, even though they were thawed out completely, taste a bit of frozen when cooked.
These didn't taste that way at all.
Get marinating and grillin'.

Drunken Drumsticks

by Emily Chhouy
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ingredients
  • 4 pounds chicken drumsticks
  • 12oz can of beer (I used Coors)
  • Juice of one lime
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
Cut two small slits in the meat of each chicken drumstick and place in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
Pour in the can of beer and the lime juice.
Add the cilantro, garlic, and other spices.
Press out as much air from the bag as possible.
Knead the chicken in the bag to get the spices and liquid to coat each piece thoroughly.
Keep in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours (I let it marinate for about 10 hours)
Grill, rotating as needed to obtain golden skin all the way around.
Powered by Recipage

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...