Pineapple Salsa | Sugar for Breakfast: Pineapple Salsa
Image Map

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pineapple Salsa

I am super excited to grow my first garden this summer.
Like, so, so, so very excited.
I picture myself skipping out to my bountiful garden, picking ripe, colorful, delicious vegetables and placing them in a large basket, that I don't have yet, and making beautiful dishes with them.
All the daydreaming about my garden that is yet to come to existence (my germinated seeds are totally thriving and making me excited) made me have a craving for salsa.
So I stuck to the basic ingredients, but wanted to try to add a bit of sweet and had some cans of pineapple I picked up and decided, "why not?" Instead of lime juice I used the tasty pineapple juice and it was so. flipping. good.


I like everything with a kick, so I added three jalapeƱos and left the seeds of one of them in. But you definitely adjust to suit your liking. 

This made enough to make 2 1/2 jars...or 1 1/2 pints. 



Pineapple Salsa

1 cup tomatoes, chopped - or one pint chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 large onion, chopped
3 jalapeƱos, chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup pineapple tidbits
1/4-1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice

Mix all the chopped ingredients together, add the garlic and juice.
Either can or cover and chill for a few hours to let the flavors mesh together.
Serve with tortilla chips or on hamburgers or other meat.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...