Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies | Sugar for Breakfast: Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Image Map

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

I love a good oatmeal cookie. An oatmeal cookie that has bold flavor, soft, and bit chewy?
Get outta here!
My Grandma used to bake Oatmeal Scotchies all the time when I was little and they were my absolute favorite cookie.
I decided to try something kind of like those, but use the random bag of cinnamon chips I picked up while grocery shopping.
The result?
Delicious cookies that I kept wanting to eat, and eat...and eat.


Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup quick oats
2 cups cinnamon chips

Preheat oven to 350
Cream together the butter and sugars for several minutes until fluffy
Add the vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
Stir in the quick oats and cinnamon chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.
Cool completely on wire cooling racks.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...