Guacamole Dip | Sugar for Breakfast: Guacamole Dip
Image Map

Friday, June 14, 2013

Guacamole Dip

We go on dip binges at my house.
Dips make amazing snacks, and sadly I will admit--many times they are dinner on busy evenings in my house.
Last weekend at the Farmer's Market I picked up some fresh veggies with the intention of making guacamole. Well, my mini schnauzer mix/crazy dog Chuckie had other plans for my avocados. He wanted them in his belly. He stole them both off the counter while I was having a lazy moment when my daughter was taking a snooze. And he ate them. All of them. He didn't even leave the seeds. He is crazy.
I didn't want to the store just to buy some avocados, so when we went to the store to stock up after my daughter and niece's "leaving the refrigerator door open all night fiasco" I was sure to pick some up. And finally today, I made the guacamole dip!
It is super simple to make, and I like to make just enough for two people to enjoy. Otherwise we eat way too much, or it goes bad before we have a chance to eat it all. I picked up ripe avocados, and my daughter was able to just squeeze the avocado out from the shell. It was the perfect way to mash them!


Guacamole Dip
{printable recipe}

2 ripe avocados, peeled, seed removed & mashed
1 Roma tomato, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced
1/4 cup diced onion
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 - 1/3 cup lime juice

Mash the avocados with the salt and minced garlic.
Add the tomato, jalapeno pepper, and onion.
Mix well.
Add the lime juice and stir until well incorporated.
Place the seed from one of the avocados on top of the dip, cover with saran wrap and let chill in the fridge for a few hours.
Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...