Chocolate Chip Brownie Dessert {slow cooker} | Sugar for Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Brownie Dessert {slow cooker}
Image Map

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chocolate Chip Brownie Dessert {slow cooker}

I had a serious sweet tooth and it was one of those that only a warm brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream would cure. My favorite dessert. Hands down.
I remembered seeing this recipe over at Betty Crocker, and I knew it would be delicious. And it pretty much is.


So I am pretty sure that this photo has you drooling. It does me!
Warm chocolate chip cookies bake up with the brownies turning into a sort-of volcano cake. Put some vanilla ice cream on that and it is like stepping in to a bit of chocolate paradise. Okay, I might have went a wee overboard, but really, this is my downfall when it comes to dessert. It's like once I start thinking about it, I can't stop until I eat it. Am I the only person with a problem like that?

The batters before baking in the slow cooker.

The chocolate chip brownies when they are all done!

Chocolate Chip Brownie Dessert

1 pouch brownie mix
1 pouch chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 eggs
Vanilla ice-cream

You will need two separate mixing bowls.
Pour the brownie mix to one, and the chocolate chip cookie mix to the other.
Add 1/4 cup of the melted butter to the brownie mix, and the remaining 1/4 cup butter to the chocolate chip cookie mix. 
Mix 2 eggs into each batter mix.
Spray the crock with non-stick spray.
Spoon the mixes into the crock of the slow cooker, alternating between the brownie and chocolate chip cookie.
Cover, and set the cooker on high. 
Let cook for 2-3 hours, until the middle is set.
Spoon out, serve with ice cream, and enjoy!

**Mine was starting to burn on the edges and wasn't totally set in the middle, hence mine was like a volcano cake a wee bit. Next time I would use a bigger slow cooker, I believe mine was too thick to cook evenly.

1 comment :

  1. This is making me hungry! and ive just had dinner!

    xxx Brooke

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...