Chocolate Chip Cookies {Crisco} | Sugar for Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Cookies {Crisco}
Image Map

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies {Crisco}

Back to the chocolate chip cookies.
Yep. Still on the hunt for the *perfect* recipe.
My list is slowly shrinking. I'm down to about 30 or so to still try.
The magic recipe has to be there somewhere, right?


Let me recap what I look for in my chocolate chip cookies:

  • A little crisp
  • A little chew
  • Not too much chocolate
  • Good "caramely-brown sugary" flavor
  • Isn't too thin
  • Isn't too thick
  • Moist
Okay, so I'm not that picky, am I?
In my hunt of chocolate chip cookie recipes, the recipe on the Crisco Shortening  kept staring me in the eye. So I decided to finally give it a whirl.
If you haven't ever baked with shortening, it is nice because it melts down slower, creating a richer, fuller taste in your cookie. It also locks in the moisture better, so your cookie won't be dry.
That being said, if you have just regular shortening, with no butter flavor...well then your cookie might lack some flavor. I think that is why they load this one up with vanilla extract (1 TABLEspoon, not TEAspoon).
It always bakes up perfect though. They are pretty much picture-perfect cookies.


They aren't my favorite. Don't get me wrong, they are good cookies.
I just prefer good ol' butter any day!


For these I used my tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, which makes pretty much the perfect sized cookie.
These do spread a little, but not too much. I pressed down the tops of the dough lightly with my fingers before baking to help with the baking evenly thing.



Crisco's Chocolate Chip Cookie

by
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8 min
Ingredients (45 cookies)
  • 3/4 cup Crisco shortening
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375°
Cream together shortening, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and egg.
Combine flour, salt, baking soda and mix until blending.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, let sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Powered by Recipage

2 comments :

  1. I just baked these & they are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to just whack the sleeves off to a 3/4 length sleeveand hem it, then saw your directions. I am going to try it this afternoon. I can't wait! url shortener

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...