Banana Streusel Muffins | Sugar for Breakfast: Banana Streusel Muffins
Image Map

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Banana Streusel Muffins

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that these are thee best banana muffins ever. Ever.
It is as simple as that.
As a self-proclaimed banana-bread (and muffin)-aholic, these are so far my favorite!
I save pretty much every banana bread recipe I come across. One could never have too many...and this one I have made several times since first discovering it over at Nancy Creative.
All I can say is that Nancy is totally creative and put the streusel mixture halfway between the banana bread.
Umm..duh. Why have I not done this before?
The last time I made a loaf my husband and I demolished the entire thing in about one sitting. Yes, really.
It is depressing to think about actually. But it was so irresistible. So this last time I had a bunch of bananas turning pleasantly brown, and I figured I would make this bread, but I flash backed to us tossing back piece after piece of that bread and thought maybe putting them in muffin form would help us in our ahm...portion control.
It would have worked, but I doubled the recipe "so he would have some to take to work" but instead my daughter and I devoured them while he was fishing. I mean, not all of them. But more than I will admit to.
Anyway, you can see how delicious these are So what are you waiting for? Make them. Now! Go!


Banana Streusel Muffins

Muffins:
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Streusel:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoon butter

Preheat oven to 350°
Prepare muffin tin with 12 liners (or grease and flour 9x5 bread dish if making a loaf)

In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another large bowl beat together mashed bananas, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
Beat the flour mixture into the banana mixture slowly, being sure to incorporate well; leaving no white flour streaks in it.
Set aside.

In a smaller mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and cut in the butter. 
Combine well until it crumbles and is no longer a loose mixture.

Using a medium sized scoop fill each muffin cup about 1/3 full with the batter.
(or if making a loaf, pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan)
Put 1 tablespoon of the struesel mixture in each muffin cup over the batter
(or if making a loaf, sprinkle half the streusel over the batter)
Repeat the process with the remaining batter and streusel mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in one comes out clean (60 minutes if baking a loaf)
Remove muffins to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

Enjoy the streusely goodnesss!


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...